Monday, February 07, 2005

That great movie theater of life...

I was going to post this as a comment in response to Lee's post earlier about his family troubles but I felt that it was more appropriate to post a new message altogether.

I hear ya, Lee. I wish I could say I fully understand what you are going through but I cannot. All I can offer is prayer and the following:

Romans 8:28 - And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

I know it is a verse that many of us Christians have seen and read. I also know that with the trials I have experienced, looking back on them I am able to see how God worked them through in the most amazing ways.

My wife once explained the situation like this:

A mother and her child decided to go to the movies together. The mother wanted to get out for a while and forget about her own troubles and worries. When they entered the dark hallway leading to the theater, the child pulled back and resisted.

"I'm scared, Mommy! It's dark!" she cried out.

The mother leaned down and replied, "Don't worry. I am with you the whole way. We are going somewhere you will enjoy. Please, take my hand and trust me. There are lights along the path and you will like what you find at the end."

As the mother said these words, God spoke to her and said, "That is what I have been trying to tell you this whole time."

When we journey to our own movie theaters of life, we experience much of the same. God takes us into an uncomfortable, dark situation that can scare us. We tend to resist. In the end, God just wants to show us this awesome movie He made because He knows that it will bring us joy.

Kind of a strange analogy but it worked for me. Hopefully it will provide you with some comfort, Lee.

In Christ,

~Cory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home