Monday, February 14, 2005

Concerts

I love concerts. No... I mean I REALLY LOVE concerts! I always have. I recall when I was about ten years old, my parents took me to my first concert. The circumstances of it were quite interesting... let me elaborate. It was the final show of the Joy To The World tour of Three Dog Night. You know where they played their last show?! Idaho Falls High School auditorium in Idaho Falls, ID. Still, to this day, amazes me. I recall being completely taken by all of the lights, the volume, the sheer spectacle of it all. My father bought me a shirt from the show... I still have it. It has a singing frog on the front and says, "Joy To The World Tour". Afterwards, my dad found out that the band was going to be signing autographs out back and anyone could come and get one. Of course I jumped at the opportunity and got my shirt signed by Cory Wells and Gary Moon. I was mesmerized and have made every attempt to attend concerts of bands I enjoy ever since.

Shortly after, I remember my parents taking me to see Eddie Rabbit, The Judds, Diamond Rio (my parents liked country... if you couldn't guess!)... even Donny Osmond! Although I didn't like that style of music, the very essence of seeing those bands live made it completely enjoyable! My musical tastes have changed over the years... here's a list of my top ten concerts I have attended.

1) Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour - Honolulu, HI
2) Bush/No Doubt - Boise, ID
3) Scorpions/Motley Crue - Nampa, ID
4) Van Halen - Balance Tour - Boise, ID
5) Queensryche - Boise, ID
6) 311/Sugar Ray/Incubus - Boise, ID (although Sugar Ray was nothing to write home about)
7) Coal Chamber/Anthrax/Pantera - Boise, ID -- Met Scott Ian and all of Pantera backstage
8) Poison - Flesh & Blood Tour - Honolulu, HI
9) Festival Con Dios - Boise, ID -- Audio Adrenaline and Mercy Me were amazing!
10) Metallica (I know, I know...) - Load tour - Boise, ID

So yeah... fairly eclectic list... these are by far my faves and bring back the fondest concert memories, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home